Discovering and clarifying your vision.
Conceptual site plans, floor plans and sketches.
Detailed construction drawings.
Construction progress reviews.
Clarify your goals and analyze the site
- We’re really looking to pull out from you your vision for the house – how you see yourself and your family living there, your thoughts about materials and the style of the house, and what is special to you about the property.
- We review and clarify your list of desired rooms and features, and compile a written Program outline that captures all your goals.
- We estimate the size of the structures and multiply that by a probable cost per square foot to confirm and align the proposed scope and budget prior to starting design work.
- We meet you at the property to study the unique characteristics of the site, and we brainstorm high level planning concepts with you as we see the site through your eyes.
Create a design conceived out of your dreams and goals
- We create a schematic design for the house and other structures that captures your vision for the property.
- We draw the design presentation by hand in pencil because we find that the hand-drawings help evoke the feeling and character of the buildings and site. The schematic design drawings include a site plan, floor plans, and exterior sketches.
Develop detailed drawings for construction
- We begin to develop and refine the approved design with computer drawings.
- It’s an interactive process with frequent review and input from you along the way.
- This work leads to the completion of detailed drawings that are used for bidding and construction.
Review construction for conformance with the design intent
- We visit the site to review conformance with the construction drawings during regularly scheduled meetings and at key milestones.
- We review mock-ups, samples, shop drawings, and other submittals.
- We have ongoing communication with you and the project team and provide clarification in matters of interpretation of the construction drawings.